I came across the 15 Day Book Blogger Challenge and thought it'd be a fun way to share a little bit about myself, especially since I'm a newer book blogger. The challenge was created by April at Good Books and Good Wine.
MAKE 15 BOOK RELATED CONFESSIONS ...
- As a teenager, I was really into reading all the classics and literature of that sort. Now, as an adult, I still love those books, but I'm addicted to YA Lit.
- Ever read the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants series by Ann Brashares? Have you read the final installment that is more "grown up" and aimed more at young adults who have graduated college? It's called Sisterhood Everlasting and this is your spoiler warning if you haven't read the book already. In this book, the girls are getting ready to reunite after spending most of college and life since then, apart. I won't go all the way through the plot because this isn't a review of the book, but basically, here's the gist: Tibby dies. I am STILL mourning the loss of this character. That's how powerful the book is and how strongly the emotions of the book are conveyed. And while I would ABSOLUTELY give this book a five star review because it is so powerful (I read it three years ago and I think about it and I cannot stop crying), I also simultaneously get angry with Ann Brashares. The middle schooler/high schooler in me is so furious with her for letting me get attached to a character she then killed off. To me, it was worse than when Dumbledore died. I can't let myself think about it for too long or I just get horribly sad and depressed. So I'm done now.
- I am 75% of the way done with Chosen at Nightfall the last book in C.C. Hunter's Shadow Falls series. I left it on the train back from NYC to Toledo. I'm very sad. The Shadow Falls series isn't my absolute favorite, but I've liked it enough to want to know what happens at the end. I'll probably end up buying the it for my Nook, since it's cheaper than buying a whole new book.
- I can never be reading just one book. I'm always reading multiple books.
- I love math books. I love math in general.
- I've been working through the Rory Gilmore Reading List (books she read or mentioned on the show Gilmore Girls) for about five years.
- I really want to get into publishing, either as an editor or an agent. But honestly, I just want to get paid to read, so however I manage to make that happen is fine with me.
- I am OCD about my books in many ways ...
- ... Like, for example, if I buy my books in the hard copy (not hard cover, just an actual hard copy as opposed to an e-book), I have to buy them all that way, and vice versa. It bothers me not to have the full set on the shelf. Which is why I will probably end up re-buying Chosen at Nightfall, because it will seriously upset me and make me uncomfortable if the full set isn't there. ...
- ... I have only broken this rule once before and it was because I couldn't wait for the final two books in the Hush, Hush Saga. And it still bothers me that I don't have the hard copies to go along with the originals. ...
- ... I am kind to my books. I NEVER dog-ear pages. I always use a bookmark or a makeshift book mark of some kind. If I lend my book to you and you dog-ear the pages, I feel that that is a sign of disrespect.
- I keep track of my favorite quotes in books with Post-it Note flags, then copy them into my quote blog (thepostitquote.blogspot.com).
- No matter how much I love my Nook, I will never give up actual books. I can't imagine not going into a bookstore and smelling that awesome smell and getting lost in the shelves.
- The people who work back in the children's and young adult section at my Barnes and Noble know me by name and are used to stepping over me and my stacks of books to get to stock shelves ... Do they like me? Well ...
- ... The people at my Barnes and Noble often don't know when books are supposed to be released and occasionally put books out before they're supposed to. I've taken whole stacks of books up to the front counter, asked to speak to a manager, and told them that even though they received it early, this particular book doesn't actually come out for three more weeks yet. Then I've had to prove to them via their own website, occasionally Amazon, and Goodreads, that the book isn't out yet. At best, they tolerate me.
That's it for the first day! Tomorrow: Bedtime reading rituals!